Sunday, August 2, 2009

Haiti

We made it to Haiti. I am sitting in the courtyard of our compound writing this. Just so everyone knows my posts may be few and far between. It is really hard to get time to be online! Everyone wants to have time. This country is amazing and beautiful. I am having a great time and so is Heather. Please keep us in your prayers.

So much has happened I don't even know where to began. The weather is hot and windy. I am finding out that it is ALWAYS windy witch is a REALLY good thing because it cuts down on the heat. Sitting in the shade the temp is not bad. Its when you get on the road that it feels like you are going to melt. :)

Today we had church and we were there from 8 until almost 12. It was interesting because I could not understand ANYTHING. I just sat and read my Bible and tried not to fall asleep. We came home and took naps on the roof, and now we will be getting ready to go to church again in a little bit.

Please pray for us this week because we have a HUGE work team coming down tomorrow with about 30 people. That is a lot of people for this compound. It will be a long stressful week but lots will get done. Pray that people come to know Jesus. Each night there will be a showing of the Jesus film and then a call to salvation.

Well I need to go so good night.

3 comments:

lisa said...

praying for you today and this week! Thanks for the email....loved it! Next time you get a chance online, post pictures!

Love you much and miss you tons!
Mom

Courtney said...

Oh Bree!! so exciting to hear from you!!! praying praying praying!!! I miss you so much already... have fun. which obviously I don't have to tell you to, since you already are! and like Mom said, post pictures!
love you so much!! still praying for you... :) xoxo <3
Courtney

Mrs. K said...

Praying for you, especially this week. So glad to hear an update!