Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Place Has Already Been Taken

     I feel a drop, and look up. The sun is shinning so brightly behind You: I can't make out Your face. There You hang, the Savior of the world. My hand goes to my head where the drop landed, I look down and see the crimson red. Mixed emotions overwhelm me. Do I cry for the pain and suffering, or do I rejoice in my salvation?
     As the blood flows over me I feel such pain and sadness. My sin caused this suffering. I should be the one hanging to die. Instead, You have taken my place. God, Your love, I simply can't understand. Why do You keep choosing to forgive me, and why did You take my place? Hell and eternal suffering is all that I deserve, yet You offer me a FREE gift. All I need to do is ask and You forgive. Thank you Jesus for giving up your life for me!
     Its not over, Your life is going to reign on the land again. Three days after being placed in a tomb, You come back to life. God, You are alive and living today!! Thank you Father. However, its still not over. One  day You are going to come here again. I am ready Lord. I can't wait to see your face and forever be by Your side! You have promised; no more suffering and pain, no more sin and sorrow, no more sickness and poverty, no more death and loss. Thank you God! Praise be to Your name most high! 

3 comments:

Baker Family said...

Beautiful! Did you write this?

Bree said...

Thanks! :) Yes it totally came from God! :)

lisa said...

Beautiful words, Bree! I love you!