Sunday, February 24, 2013

Contentment

     It has been at little over two months since I arrived back to America, and already I'm struggling to feel content. Each day I ask God for a job, an opportunity, and for {HIS} will to be manifested in my life. What I'm slowly starting to realize is God it taking me on a journey of [CONTENTMENT]. As I'm striving endlessly to {DO} God is softly whispering, "just be with {Me} Brittany, lay back in {My} arms and rest, sit at {My} feet and learn all you can from this period of your life". Jesus wants me to soak in Him by spending time in His presence. 
     I'm reading a book by James Goll called "The Lost Art of Practicing His Presence". This quote stuck me deeply, [Bible study is very important to us as Christians, but in the end it accomplishes little if it does not lead us into a {personal encounter} with the Divine Author. It is about less of me and more of {HIM}. Again I'm reminded that it is all about Jesus and not about Bree. I'm so filled with selfishness that I can completely miss the most important part about my Jesus Time, {encountering Jesus Himself}. I too easily forget that my time with God is about a relationship with {HIM} and not just a daily routine. 
     My prayer this week is that I will act on the divine appointments that God sends my way, and the remaining time will be spend allowing Jesus to live {HIS} life through me. I hope that at the end of next week I can look back and truly say I was filled with peace and contentment, KNOWING that I spent the week just as Abba Father wanted me to {sitting at His feet abiding in Him, resting in His presence, and waiting in stillness on His call}. 
{I have calmed and quieted my soul} ~ Psalm 131:2a


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a Dad I am understanding.
I have no greater joy than to see children walk in the Lord.
I love you Bree