Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Synopsis


Dear Friends & Family

     I’ve often viewed my life as a story being written in a beautiful, vintage journal. Written in old flowing handwriting, by the one and only Author. He takes time with every detail; every word is placed where He wants. The seasons of pain and joy are written with emotion. Some places are marked with tears, while others are filled with the vibrancy of various colors. He knows the end from the beginning, but He enjoys writing it moment by moment so I can learn and grow.

     This part of my story started when I was ten years old and my family traveled to Mexico. {Actually it may have started much earlier, but this is when I first remember getting a piece of His beautiful heart}. We were visiting Mexico with a few of the men who worked for my dad. One day I saw a destitute family living in a cardboard box and my heart was broken for their situation.  Those three weeks were some of the most pivotal moments of my life. Jesus revealed to my heart His unconditional, unending {LOVE}, and His voice calling ALL to sonship. As clear as yesterday, I recall telling Jesus, “I will live my life to tell people about you. Someday I will live somewhere like this and love people for you Jesus.” 

     Around age twelve I learned about prostitution and human trafficking. Again, Jesus let me have a bit of His heart. He showed me the restoration and healing He longed to bring to the hurting and abused. It was also around this time I discovered Isaiah 6:8. My everyday prayer became “Here I am Lord, Send Me. I will go where your say, I want to be used by you.” Beyond a shadow of a doubt I knew God had marked my life for the hurting to find the Healer, the hopeless to find Hope, and the story-less to find the Author. 



     After I completed high school this Author wrote in chapters of travel, adventures, and journeys. Each trip my heart only grew to see more of the world as He sees it. Spare hours were spent researching and praying for unreached, and closed countries. In my heart a dream was being formed. A vision that is impossibly big, laughable, and yet….with Jesus totally doable. 


     During these journeys Jesus started putting sparks in my heart for the Muslim world. He spoke to me about the blessing He gave Ishmael: a blessing for prosperity and a call for radical, passionate revival. I read Isa 60:7, and a picture of the nations of Islam coming to know Jesus was implanted in my heart. His beautiful house becomes {MORE} beautiful with their acceptance. Abba Father is calling, all men to be His full adopted children. 

     So here I am, a character in this crazy story called life. I’m ready to be a harvester in these white fields that are ready for harvest. As this story continues the Author has opened the door to another journey. 

     Starting in September I will be doing a Discipleship Training School with Youth With A Mission. During this DTS I will learn how to effectively communicate the Gospel with the Muslim world. After our classes I will spend two months in a Middle Eastern country working in refugee camps, redlight districts, and sharing the love and compassion Jesus has for the hurting.  

     


     I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus is calling me to take this next step in training and preparation. This brings me to the hardest part of the journey: fund raising. YWAM requires that all students and missionaries raise their own support. This encourages friends and family to be invested both in prayer and finances. Prayer is ultimately the biggest need in missions, so please be praying for me on this journey. If Jesus prompts you to be involved financially I would be humbled and blessed. This is all for His glory!

In Christ,

Brittany Lavy

12408 W. National Rd
New Carlisle, Ohio 45344
(937) 572-6394


2 comments:

lisa said...

❤️ Oh how I love you and your heart for the lost! Anxious to see how God leads!

Abigail Mohler said...

Yay! So excited for you! Happy fundraising! :D