Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Adventures with Marcia

     I have found a new friend. Perhaps, it would be better to say I have renewed a very old friendship. When I was eight I took a trip out west with Grandpa Lavy’s. Marci and I spent much time together during this trip. Still to this day I remember the fun we had.
     However, time moves on and its hard to stay connected when you live on opposite sides of the country. We never did a good job of staying in touch. When I found out about this trip I was looking forward to spending time with Marci again.
     What a blessing she has been. From bringing me sprite when I was so sick, to laughing until tears spilled down our faces, the time has been joy-filled. I’m finding we have more in common then I would have thought. Mayhap, we get it from our Boone blood! :)
     I’m sure Marci is going to have many stories to tell on me when we get home! Stories like my melt down over a paper snake, eating hairy creeps, cutting off a car and bus…in the same night, fish spa yelps, and drinking the most amazing smoothies ever. Needless to say the memories will be many.


Trying to be calm as our feet and toes were surrounded by FISH



Yes these really are fish eating our skin cells



Died peeps in the market...I wanted to bring some home for Mama, Morgan Beth, and Tanner Brandt


The Hairy Creeps were soooo yummy! :)


I think they are crepes with sugar cain





Yummy smoothies...


...With our Crepes
     Please keep my friend in your prayers. She has been serving here in Thailand for a year. The time has come for her to go back to the states. Pray that her transition is smooth and that God gives her the grace she needs for the many changes. God is totally able to help her through this time! Also pray for Martin’s as their wonderful helper and friend goes home! 

1 comment:

lisa said...

There is NO way I could sit still and let fish nibble on my toes. GAG. And this is the girl who doesn't like to swim in ponds??? YOU are hilarious! Can't wait to see you!!!!