Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Please Don’t Take My Sunshine Away

     Sorry it has been so long since I posted. I really do want to keep up on it but its so easy to write and forget to post! :) Here is a post from way back!

     I love the sunshine. Thinking of going back to the USA makes me want to cry for many reasons. Probably the biggest reason is the fact that it means living the amazing warmth of the bright, beautiful sunshine. There is really nothing I like better than being in hot summer weather. Yep…I need to move to Thailand!

     Our last few days in the beautiful country of Thailand were very interesting. It seems that the bug I had decided to stick around and hit each person one by one. Thankfully it did not last long, and Rachel had plenty of charcoal pills. They really do seem to work! I have decided they are a must take on any trip!

     Our last supper was spent at one of our favorite restaurants. This place really did not have the best food around, was not the cheapest, and tended to be loud. However, we fell in love. It was the first restaurant we ate at when we got to Thailand so it had to be the last! They make the most AMAZING smoothies ever so Gale, Shirley, and I went there a few evenings for an after super snack. I think the real reason we liked this place was because of the people. Its ran by a kind beautiful family who really knows what customer service is. Anyhow, its were we got most of our meals because it was very close to our home. I’m still not ready to eat rice again though.



Perhaps the big pull?!?! 


She was so fun to get to know


Typical Thai photo


Darling bebe monkey 



Hunter thought he was grand fun


Yummy cashew chicken and sticky rice


Another yummy pineapple smoothie

I wrote this poem on the plane…you can tell I was getting a little stir crazy….
I’m sad to leave the sun behind,
Because it tends to tan my hide,
I will be sad to say goodbye,
But, I know that God will provide.

2 comments:

lisa said...

I believe you WERE a bit stir crazy on the plane! :)

Cindy T said...

Memories! Oh what a fun eve! It's been 3 weeks! Can't hardly believe it's almost 2012! oh & we miss you! :)