Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Hungry, Hungry Crocodile

     One of my favorite books growing up was called the Hungry Caterpillar. It was about a little caterpillar that ate and ate until he was so full he made a bed and went to sleep. When he woke up he was a beautiful, beautiful butterfly. Before I left for Washington I bought some games for the children to play on the plane. One of them was called the hungry caterpillar game. Lacy has had lots of fun with it! What fun to share some of my childhood memories with these kiddos! This post is called the Hungry Crocodile because of one of the photos below.
     Today we went to the Chaing Mia Zoo. It was only a few dollars for each person to get in. Unfortunately, everything inside cost extra. There were even a few animals we did not get to see because it cost more! What a bummer that the panda bears were one of these animals. 


The skyline is simply beautiful!



I have ALWAYS called them Koala Bears


They are really cute animals


I think I would love their schedule...they are only awake four hours a day


The globe...Asia was up...not the USA


This think was very smelly


A rabbit dog?



In awe of God's creations


Goats


Little tiny monkeys that were so cute...I thought about bringing one home in my pocket









The real monkeys at the zoo!






He just laid there with his mouth open waiting for something to fall in. I decided he was truly the hungry, hungry crocodile. 



Darling baby elephant


A real live Hippo. I have never seen one in real life




Bebe



They really do open their mouths all the time!


Polly want a cracker? 






All the closer I got to a panda


I am going to miss my girls!

     I have loved going to the zoo ever since I was little. In fact, grandma and grandpa M get a zoo pass every year for their grans…this year I did not get to go because of class. However, before I left for Washington they made a special trip and took me, Corrie, and Melanie to the zoo! It was so much fun!! God has blessed me with a wonderful, loving, Christ-following family. 

5 comments:

lisa said...

That hippo is hilarious! I sat here and laughed! WHY do they hang out with their mouths open? Yep, I think I'd enjoy being a koala too! I've always said I have 4 good hours a day...bummer you missed em!

Do you remember the zoo in MX and all the rats we saw?! Blech. It's cool that zoos in different countries focus on different exhibits!

I really liked the 'real monkey' picture, too!

Sherri said...

bree, i forget...how long will you be in Wa before heading to Ohio. Very anxious to talk to you about where you are headed next! I must say, Thailand looks like all the fun of Florida in a unique and interesting culture. I'm so glad you got to go! Hope that sinus calms down before your horrifically long flight! Love!

cody.nat said...

Oh I can't wait to show Tanner all these photos! He's going to love them. And the very hungry caterpillar is one of his favorite books. Looks like you had a fun zoo trip!

Anonymous said...

Sherri I will be around until the 11th...not too long. Can't wait to chat with you too. I've missed my zillah mom!!!!

Bree

cody.nat said...

Just showed these to Tanner. He went crazy over them! He got so excited over each picture, pointing to it to make sure I saw! ;)