Wednesday, March 21, 2012

End Of A Chapter, Or End Of A Book?

     Today was a milestone in preparation of my journey. This day marked the end of classes at Sinclair Community College. As I walked out from class I felt, scared, exhilarated, a bit sorrowful, and most of all, glad to be done with ALH 104.
     The reason for feeling a bit scared is, well, Sinclair has become a home of sorts. When I needed a haven to study, relax, meet up with friends, and get Starbucks, to the main campus library I would go. It's became a familiar friend. Moving into the unknown is a bit frightful. Many memories were made at SCC, and I believe I grew up a lot while attending classes.
     I felt exhilarated because I have the opportunity of a life time. Really, how many people are able to say at twenty years old they moved across the globe to learn more about Jesus? God has blessed me beyond what I ever though possible. While serving in a different land has always been a strong calling, I always wondered if it would really happen. Now I'm getting a chance to learn how to effectively serve, share, and bless others!!! :) My hearts desire is to glorify my risen Lord by serving, and sharing Him with others, no matter what the cost.
     Sorrowful, because I'm going to miss out on so much time with friends and family. Morgan, Tanner, and Vienna will grow up so much while I'm away. Friends will move on in life. Carson will be taller then I, when I get back. Over time things change, and if I'm not around to experience the changes, it will be different when I arrive home.  Nevertheless, this is what I want to do. This is what God blessing me with.
     Never have I had a class I was so ready to be done with. ALH 104 is the most boring class I  have ever taken. As much as I love to learn new things, this class was just not interesting. So, as I walked out of class, I felt super glad to put it behind me. I felt like my IQ would start to go up, simply because I was out of the dull, time-wasting class. Yes, it really was that bad.
     I have started to wonder, is this the end of a chapter, one that may be returned to in the future, or is this the end of a book never to be opened again? I don't know what God has in store next. Maybe I will get done at IGo and finish my education, or maybe I will go serve somewhere indefinitely, or perhaps, I will go back to IGo and do an internship. Right now I have no idea what is next, and I'm surprisingly okay with that. As much as I want to be a nurse, I want to follow my Father more. Probably, I say that over and over, but its what He is teaching me, COMPLETE SURRENDER!!!
The journey begins in...
34 days!!!

5 comments:

Cindy T said...

Wow, girl you can write!! *tears* I love you and really miss you and really miss that I won't be in Thailand to see you share after one of the mission trips! and just miss you! xoxoxxoxox *tears* and you know me, I don't just get tears, ok? Love you and love reading what God is doing. Keep glorifying God with your life! :) <3

Mrs. K said...

I can feel like the excitement through the screen! Glad you are done with that class, it's amazing how a dull class or bad prof can really bring us down. Can't wait to see what God reveals to you and grows you over the next year! Love you!

Colista said...

:D Excited for you and to see what God is doing in your life for Him.

an enchanted walk {{Deuteronomy Thirty: Nineteen}} said...

Girl... i love this post... Your beautiful surrender is such an inspiration! Shine on sweet sister! :) and know that you will be missed! :) and Prayed through your time in Thailand! love you!

Courtney said...

girl girl... you need to see my post to you on fb. Love your joy in this... May God call you higher and higher to HIM! Love this... love you!!! who'd have thought this is where life would bring us?? Praise God :)