Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sponsorship


     This weekend at the Haiti Benefit Auction, a lot was said about sponsoring children, and different projects. Some of the sponsorship organizations talked about are Compassion International, Save The Children, World Vision and this weekend schools, IFM, Heart of Compassion, and International Fellowship Haven. Every photo of these kiddos makes my heart long to hug them and let them know they are loved. How much more must our Father feel that way when He looks down at each of us needing the love and salvation of His son Jesus. I look at those kiddos and think about their human needs, but the Father, He looks at all of us and sees our ultimate need, a personal relationship with Jesus.
     I’ve never though I would be in a position to need sponsorship. After all, I come from a middle class American family. Why would I ever have that kind of need? Well, when faced with the opportunity to attend IGo I quickly realized I had no way of paying for it, and no time to raise the required money. Nevertheless, I was certain that was where God was calling me.
     One night I decided He and I needed to have a little chat. God wants to hear what we have to say, and He wants to have to chance to answer back. So, while I was driving I started to talk. I laid it all out there, asking “Why are you calling me here and not providing for me? Why am I so excited about this and have no way to go? Why God, Why?” That night I received no answer and I went to bed feeling discouraged and confused.
     God’s mercies are new every morning! I woke up the next day, and I was ready to put hard work into this calling. When God speaks, it’s time to follow no matter what the odds look like. My day was going to be spent researching fundraisers. I have never been okay with flat out asking people for money, and knew that was absolutely not an option for me. Mom and I talked about doing a spaghetti dinner, cleaning, babysitting, bake sale, etc. That all sounded like a grand place to start.
     However, God, He had other, more wonderful, something I never would have considered, ideas. He, the most amazing person in my life, provided beyond my wildest expectations. There was a family, who felt God calling them to help me on this journey. (Every time I tell this story tears fall, God is just so faithful!) This family is living out Romans 10:15 by sending me on this journey. In the end it ended up I did need sponsored. My Father in Heaven provided in a way that I never had to ask, I only had to pray.
     There are still daily needs, and things that I have to get before I go. God is showing Himself faithful and I know He is going to continue to provide. Please pray for me and my family as everything comes together.
     My departure date is April 24th. I will be gone 7 months, and 24 days. This equals, 34 weeks or 238 days, or 5712 hours, or 342,720 minutes, or 20,563,200 seconds, give or take a few. My arrival date is Dec 17th.
     8ish months is the longest I have ever been away from home. God has been preparing me and my family for this day for the last few years. Every trip I have taken has gotten progressively longer. First I was gone a month, then six weeks, then two point five months, then just under three months, and now 8ish. Just as every other journey He will be present in this one too.
     Nursing school is being put on hold right now. Many people keep asking me what I'm going to do after this...I don't know. God has not unfolded that part of His plan yet. I am comfortable waiting on Him to guide me. All my life I have wanted to be a nurse, but if God has something else in mind, well, I choose to follow Him. How exciting to be able to completely trust Him for whatever is next. I'm in for the journey of a life time!!! "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD". ~Isaiah 55:8
     Currently I'm finishing up one class at Sinclair. I will be done with it March 22, and what a happy day it will be!!! :) This has not been the most interesting class. Around our house people daily hear me say "I'm going to fail this class from pure, simple BOREDOM".  Never fear, I really do have an A. The days I don't have class are spent working for Dad in the shop. Not the most enjoyable job, and I have to work to have a happy attitude about it, but its helping pay for things! I'm so thankful Dad is providing me a place to work before I go. Its hard to find a job when you are gone so much! 

More IGo posts 


Serving an ever faithful Father, 
Bree 

1 comment:

lisa said...

Sweet Bree! It has been so fun to see God working on this journey. I know He will continue to provide the $$ you need to live in Thailand...He is in the business of Miracles!