Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Prayer Partners

Dear Friend,

     God has been taking me on an amazing journey the last few months. I am so excited to see what He is going to do in 2012!
     Most of my life I have felt a call to serve God on the foreign mission field. I was in nursing school for a year, because I saw it as an open door to the mission field. However, God seems to be calling me in a different direction.
     Starting in April, I am going to be attending IGO. This stands for Institute for Global Opportunities. This will be eight months of rigorous study, coupled with travel to nations in Asia and Europe. IGO is located in Chaing Mia Thailand, so I will be moving half way around the world.
     I can’t go through this program without the prayers of my brothers and sisters in Christ. One of the things the staff at IGO encourages students to do is find prayer partners. This means people who will take a day of the week to intercede before the Father for me.
     I’m writing this letter to see if you will consider being one of those people for me. This is a big commitment and I will in no way be hurt if you feel you simply do not have the time. Please email me if this is something you are interested in. My email is breelavy92@gmail.com

In Christ,
Bree

And he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. ~Luke 10:2

No comments: