Friday, May 4, 2012

A Day In The Life...

     Praise God! After feeling horrid for the last two days I'm healed. All the Glory is God's alone!!! Thank you all who were lifting me up before the Father. He truly is the great physician!
     The days here are packed very full. When we aren't in class our noses are in our books and our minds are working. It's so amazing to spend day after day doing nothing but learning more about Jesus and His heart for missions.
     There are two semesters in a year, and in each semester 3, three week terms. At the end of each term there is a 10-12 day ministry trip. Each term has different classes. Basically this means we are learning completely different subjects every 5ish weeks.
     On my first ministry trip I will be going to Laos (north, east of Thailand). On my second trip I will be going right out side of Tibet, China (I think...north, west of Thailand). We will not be able to go right into Tibet because it is a very restricted part of China. The third term trips have not been planned yet. It seems there were some problems that came up. We should know soon. Sadly, it does not look like Pakistan is going to happen this year. Because of relationship with them and the states it is very hard to get into their country as an American citizen. Its also very unsafe at this time. I keep praying it will happen at the end of the year. :)
     Mondays and Fridays are ministry nights. There are six different ones to choose from. A few of them are: Ransom Ministries (Praying for women who are working in the bars, only for the ladies), monk ministry (Only for the men...I know they do a lot of chatting about religion), teaching english to children,  university outreach, and street witnessing. We all had to put down where we wanted to spend those evenings. I, of course, put down Ransom. I knew many of the girls were hoping to spend their ministry time there, and I did not really think I would get it. Each time I would think about it I would just pray for God to place me where I would be used most. Yesterday I found out that by God's grace I was placed with Ransom. I'm very excited to see what this journey is going to look like! Please pray that God would use the team I'm on to bring glory and honor to Him.
     Tuesday and Thursday nights are recreation nights. Typically this consists of volley-ball and or basket ball. We had to write down goals for our time at IGo, and one of mine was to learn to play volley-ball. Ask me how its going in a few weeks :).
     Each day looks something like this

~ 6:15 Rising Bell (Most girls are up by 5:45)
~ 7:00 Breakfast
~ 7:30 Life Of Christ (This class is an overview of Jesus and His ministry, starting with Him being to total and final sacrifice. It has been so interesting to study the sacrifices...it give me such a better understanding of why Jesus is the sacrifice.)
~ 8:30 Five Minute Brake 
~ 8:35 Chapel (Singing, speakers, worship, and on Fridays the Student Council plans what happens)
~ 9:20 Study Period
~ 10:15 Growth In Christ 1
~ 11:15 Five Minute Brake
~ 11:25 Cultural Anthropology
~ 12:25 Lunch
~ 1:10 (Tuesdays & Thursdays ONLY Thai Cultural Class)
~ 2:00 TESOL 1
~ 3:00 STUDY PERIOD (This lasts until recreation or ministry nights start...that ranges from 5 - 6:30)
~ 10:30 Lights Out (Except Weekends)

Now you have a feel for what a week looks like here at IGo. :) I have already been so blessed by the Father in my classes.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your weeks look full! I have to chuckle at the thought of you up and at em at 6:15. Ahem. :)
I know you want to get to Pakistan, and I am thankful that they are up on the conditions there. I'm sure if it is safe, it will be an option, and if not...then God has somewhere else for you!

Love you tons, and praying for Jesus to shine thru you!

Anonymous said...

Why am I anonymous!? I'm your MAMA!

Anonymous said...

Ok, now where did my first one go? I am chuckling at the thought of you up and at it at 6:15 :)

Love you and pray for you tons!

Bree said...

Anonymous, Why ever would that make you chuckle?? I mean...that is a normal accordance is it not??? :) :) I'm chuckling that you can't figure out who to put your name in lol :) I'm most sorry it keeps saying your anonymous...its also keeps sending you to my spam box lol. Love you

Traci said...

Hi honey. It's so nice reading your words and feeling like I have a minute with you. We continue to pray for you and love you here. So very glad that you are well! Please keep writing - I am loving it!!

Traci & Crew

Baker Family said...

SOOOO fun to actually talk to you and see you last night!! Morgan loved it too! She had glistening eyes when we said "good-bye". We are continually praying for you! I forgot to ask you if you are taking pictures, or if you are too busy. I would love to see pictures of where you are living if you have time. If not... I get that. Have a great day!xoxo.. T, M & M

cody.nat said...

I'm glad you posted your schedule. Now when I see the clock in the evening and when I'm up with Vienna I'll know what you're doing! So- I WANT TO TALK TO YOU!!! Did you get my invite on Skype?

Wendy said...

Hey! I am getting caught up with your blog:) Ransom ministries sounds really interesting! I will be praying for you in that.
Hey! On a second note I just heard Stephanie is there with you, a past IFM staff member. Are you making some friends that you can connect with there? Praying you are.....lov u

Cindy T said...

Oh your schedule!! Yikes! Can totally see why you came to spend time at our house...up at the crack of dawn..! Had to wonder if you're one of the girls that waits till time to get up? :) I miss our chats.. I would love to talk to you sometime if at all possible!! Love you and so glad to hear testimony of God working in your life!!