Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Home for a Little While ~ Tuesday September 27, 2011

     Tuesday September 27, 2011 I left Ohio and headed out west to Washington. I am so excited to be starting my journey. I started my trip at Dayton, had a layover in Chicago, and then flew to Seattle. When I arrived at Seattle, I got on a shuttle and took it to Yakama where Cindy and the children picked me up. 
     I forgot how much I love the mountains and landscape out here! It was so fun to drive over the pass again. The evergreens are a beautiful as ever. 
     After picking me up at the airport, Cindy, the children and I went to Costco. Shopping with six children for nine people is such a fun experience. Somehow I have seemed to forget how much I love the kiddos.
     When we got home I was given a tour of the house. I was here last time I was out, but they had just moved and nothing was unpacked. As I walked into the living room there was a huge banner that said "Welcome Bree". All the children and Cindy had written sweet little notes to make me feel welcomed and loved! God knows how to use other people to make me feel loved and blessed beyond measure. This was one of those moments where I just felt a hug from God! (Sorry I don't have a photo. We took it down before I could get one). 
     As we continued the tour I got to see the girls room and the ORANGE bathroom (Yes I love it!). Then we got to the boys room. Inside was the crib, and then it was all set up for me. There were little gifts on the end table, and another welcome note. Here is how it looks....  



I am still saving this chocolate bar for a rainy day :)



Yes I really did bring all these books :) I have to spend a bit of time reading before I sleep. 


Sorry the photos are not great. The lighting is horrid for photos. :) 
     I am so thankful for a little place to call my own while I am here. It's a great place to spend time with God, and rest. I always carry photos of my family in my journal so I was able to personalize the room a bit! This is my home for a little while, and I am so thankful Hank was willing to give up his room for me. He is sleeping in a tent in the basement on a cot. It looks like fun! 


2 comments:

cody.nat said...

This made me cry. WE MISS YOU! So thankful that you have such an awesome "other" family though. I know they love you too! .xoxo.

lisa said...

BREE! How sweet! Any room you occupy will have books, huh? It was fun to text you today...I love imagining you teaching school....I bet you are a fun teacher. Missing you today....I think I'll go sit in your room. BUT....it doesn't really look like you without a few books and clothes strewn around! Maybe I'll mess it up a little!
:) LOVE you tons!
Mom
PS. I bought your cmas present and you arent here to figure it out na na na na na na!!!