Wednesday, April 25, 2012

All Grows Dim


     I’m sitting in Chicago O’Hair International Airport, as I have been for the last four hours. Lack of sleep is casing my head to ache, and lack of food is making my belly growl, and I wish I could get online. Yet, I’m grinning and can’t wait for the plane to arrive at the gate so I can gaze at it until they will FINALLY let me board.  As I sit and sit, I’m reading a book called “Kisses From Katie”. Her story is so inspiring as I leave everything I know and hold dear.
     I’m sitting on a painted bench overlooking entrance of the airport. In the distance I can see the skyline of Chicago…mainly the Sears Tower. Cars keep flying by, and planes can be seen approaching the runway. The sun is warming me and I take some time to search my heart. Time to just let my mind go and try to understand how and what I’m feeling. 
     Life will be so different when I arrive in Ohio eight months from now. Clark and Courtney will be married, Vienna Kate will be almost one, Carson will be taller, and hopefully God will have done some amazing things in my life and my heart. And I pray… for divine appointments that can only be from God.  
     So I’m thinking of all these things…but really it all starts to fade away as I put my focus on the Father. My Father, who sent His ONLY Son for me…He loved ME….so much that Jesus was sent to a place that was down right vile compared to His home with the Father. A place full of filth, disease, sin, confusion, heartbreak and so much more. It all grows dim because I know that God is sending me…and yes things will be much different then here. There will be filth and sickness and it will be hot and there will be all kinds of nasty critters. But, its all so worth it when I put Jesus as my focus; and I choose to have a kingdom perspective.
     This will be my last writings from the USA, but it won’t be posted until I’m in my new home.  From here on out, I plan to write of Thailand as home. I’m sure there will be times that I will forget and I will think of Ohio as home…But to fully experience what Jesus wants I need to fully immerse myself in the culture of Thailand and IGo. Today when I get on my flight across the world, I’m going home. Each of you will be missed and I wont forget you and I will call, email, Skype, Google Talk (Thanks to Clark), and we will stay in each other’s lives. But I need to remember that I can’t have feet in both places…I need to choose to be home.
     Please, please keep me in your prayers. There will be many new things and many adjustments. This is Gods calling and He has confirmed it over and over. To follow the will of God is the best decision I can make with my life. None of this would be possible without Jesus and prayers of my Christ family. I’m sure there will be times that I just want to go back to Ohio and to normal American life.  Homesickness is a real thing and many people struggle with it so please hold me up before the Father.

Prayer Points:

~Praise God, he has provided the finances for this trip over and over and over
~Praise God, I did not cry my whole flight from Dayton
~Praise God, for save travels this far
~Praise God, that the world is smaller today then ever…I have technology to keep in contact with all of you
~Praise God, for friends and family who support me
~Praise God, for being God, for loving and caring about His children in a way we can’t comprehend
~Pray for divine appointments
~Pray for words of God to spring forth from my lips to bring glory to Him
~Pray for souls realizing they need Jesus and come to have a personal relationship with Him
~Pray for God to really show up in these 8 months
~Pray for my heart, that it would be completely, fully, totally focused on Jesus the Author and Finisher of my life
~Pray for my spirit, that it would grow in Jesus and never be pulled astray
~Pray that I would only hear truth and be able to discern what is bible and what is opinion
~Pray for strong friendships being made
~Pray for physical strength
~Pray for motivation to keep getting healthy, and eating the way God intended me to eat
~Pray that I would keep choosing to be Christ’s slave

Thank you all for you prayers, love, and support. Each of you has a place in my heart. I love you and will see you in December. Until then…you can pray I make time/have time to keep my blog up to date.

Choosing to be a slave to Christ,
Bree

5 comments:

Baker Family said...

Praying! so excited to see this update! I am excited to see God do exciting things in your life!! love you.

Anonymous said...

I love you and I love your updates! Praying for you today as you move into your new home and settle in!

cody.nat said...

I love you Bree Ann. Seeing Jesus through you inspires me so much. PRAYING and sending a hug!

Mrs. K said...

Since it's posted I'm assuming you are HOME! Praise God for safe travels. Know that we are praying for you and holding you up! I'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow!

Marcia Boone said...

I love it that you are at "home". Where ever you are, be all there. Give those Holsinger children love if you ever bump into them. I pray you enjoy the journey of building relationships with your new family. I'm reading "Kisses from Katie" too. Love it, and thought of you several times...we are nothing more than unprofitable servants, doing that which is our duty to do! Love you!