Saturday, April 28, 2012

A New Beginning

     It's quickly becoming apparent, that time alone with Father is going to be hard to find. I'm going to have to consciously make the effort to make time for Him. With so many adjustments, and all the new faces, I am needy of Jesus. Of this I will remain thankful. All of this is teaching me how long I have been reliant on things other then God to take care of my needs. Friends, this IS idolatry in my life... and any form of idolatry is sin.
     Today in my time with Jesus I was taught to pray that I will see things from His perspective. This has been my prayer as each day new girls arrive. I want to see these beautiful women of God from His eyes. Each of them have needs, hurts, scars, and seeping wounds. Just like me, they need Jesus in every area of their lives. Truly it has been a struggle not to judge by what I have seen the first few days. Oh Jesus, I want to be totally un-judgemental and a safe haven for each of them. Pray dear friends and family that God would use me in ways I never saw coming. I am HIS slave!!!!
    Today is Sunday. We have church and then hopefully some of us are going to hit the pool again. One of the girls and I walked today and figured how far the pool is. It is a mile one way. Its great exercise to walk and then swim and then walk home! I think it is going to quickly become a favorite place! 

Prayer Points

1. Strong mind for the classes ahead
2. Total adjustment to the time 
3. Endurance for the heat
4. Courage to be more involved with the students
5. Willing ears and heart for others
6. Neediness of Jesus
7. All idolatry would be removed from my life
8. The friendships that have been made would be strengthened.
9. Compassion for each person here
10. To see the world through His eyes and from His perspective
11. Gods guidance would be clear
12. Physical endurance for every day ahead
13. Excitement to learn

I love you all, thank you for praying and caring about my life!
His slave, 
Bree

3 comments:

Cindy T said...

Oh Bree! How my heart wants to connect with your heart again! I am so blessed(beyond words) to be able to picture where you are, to have been there, to have seen the sights, the room where you sleep, the streets...etc. I love you and keep the posts coming!! You are doing wonderful. I love you and don't forget that you are a beautiful daughter of the King!

Baker Family said...

Ilove that you are updating and emailing so frequently!! I stalk your blog! So fun to hear what life is like for you. We love you and are praying for you daily.

ps.. get on skype!

Mrs. K said...

I love that you are blogging regularly too. I know once classes are in full swing and especially as you travel you probably won't be able to keep it up, so I'll take it while I can get it. Love that you are reminding yourself to give the new girls grace. They, just like you, are exhausted from traveling, sweltering hot, and scared about being in a new and foreign land. Looking at them as Christ would is a great reminder.