Monday, April 23, 2012

Day Before

     I have sat down multiple times in the last week to pen words. Alas, every time I get distracted, or it just makes me too sad. However, today is the day before I leave...and its time to get some thoughts down on paper.
     Yesterday I said some of the saddest goodbyes. Cody's and Trent's were over, and we had a fun family day. Mindy and I redecorated Mom & Dad's house while Trent slept, Dad worked on Skype, and the rest played Settlers. Thinking back over the day, I think it was the most fun I have had with my family in the last few months. It was relaxing and refreshing.
     Today has flown by. I was up at six and out the door by 7:45. I ran errands, and stopped to see Nat and Courtney. Came home, finished packing, wrote thank-you notes, and went to tell Grandpa's goodbye.  My wonderful brother was a HUGE help to me today. He ran around for me, weighed my luggage and helped in anyway he could. After that Mom, Carson, and I played a last game of Settlers and I actually enjoyed it.
     Tonight some friends are coming to spend the evening and the night with me...and tomorrow I get on a plane to Thailand. Its so hard to explain the emotions I'm feeling...I'm so excited, and yet my heart feels sadness. Eight months is really not that long, and it will go by so fast...but things will be so different when I arrive home. Please keep me and my family in your prayers...This is a journey for all of us.

2 comments:

City On A Hill said...

Praying for you. May God bless you on this Journey

Baker Family said...

Praying, Praying, Praying!!