Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Return

      I found this post I had written a few months back. It seemed very fitting considering we are leaving for Thailand in a few days! :)

     One day soon things are going to change. Are you going to be ready: am I? Matthew 24:44 says, Therefor you must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.* We are already seeing the changes. Mark 13:8 says, For nation shall rise against Nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.* Look at the world around us. Earthquakes = Haiti, New Zealand, and Japan. Nations against Nations = the Middle East. Famines = everywhere except the wealthy in Canada, USA, and Europe...but when you really look at the city's...its here too.  The Son of Man is coming soon!

      As I look at the Bible and I compare it to the things I see happening, I know that the end is coming soon. So I start to ponder: How would I spend my life if I knew that Jesus was coming back in a week? That is 7 days, 168 hours, 10,080 minutes, and 604,800 seconds. Would I spend my time complaining about pain in my ankle, taking photos, blogging, reading anything other than the Word of God. When I look at life in this manner I think I would spend my time in the Word of God, and telling the people I am around about Jesus! He wants to have a personal relationship with each one of us. My friends, please realize your need for Jesus!!!

























1 comment:

Cindy T said...

Even so come Lord Jesus!!