Friday, November 25, 2011

A Day With Marcia

     Today started out with many frustrations due to my computer not working properly. However, my day ended up being blessed beyond measure. Marci and I were able to take some time and go out for lunch. We ended up sitting and chatting for over an hour. Please pray for her as she goes through the transition of being in Thailand for a year to the USA. It can be very hard making the change.



Where we ate



Price list


This is some of the best Thai food I have had. It had pineapples and nuts


This was called Pat Gra Pow, it was very yummy and very spicy


This was really funny. We asked the people working at the restaurant to take a photo of us on my camera. Well because my camera does not have the display up to take the photo they could not figure out how to take it. Communicating that you have to look through the eye pice was just too hard so we had them take it on Marci's camera. It caused lots of laughter! 

     After we got done eating, and chatting we went to the seamstress. Marci was taking a dress to get made for Thanksgiving, so I decided to go along and change the top of the dress I am getting made. While we were there Rachel called and needed us to stop at Big C (Kinda like Wal-mart) and pick a few things up. I got some dragon fruit for our family. No one really cared for it.
     After supper Martin, Marci, Shane, Cindy, and I went to a big festival called Bless Chaing Mia. Many of the Christian Churches around were helping with the festival. This trip has been very different than any of my other trips. I feel like I have not developed a heart for the Thai people because I have not been with them much. This is totally ok because I came to help with the children. However tonight that all changed.
     Back in the day the city was walled in and there was a mote to keep people from scaling the wall. Today part of  the wall is still standing.  During one of the prayers they had all of us go and lay hands on the wall and pray for the city. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen! 



There was an orchestra that played old hymns 


It was so beautiful


Then the worship team came up...


...and the Governor of the province of Chaing Mia


Very respectful in prayer


This was a really special song written for Thailand
It was so fun to hear everyone singing in Thai and to be able to read the words and sing in English


Praying for the City


All the empty chairs that were left as everyone laid hands on the wall


They were stacked in there two or three deep

No comments: