Friday, November 4, 2011

When Bad Ankles Make Fashion Leave

     Most of my life I have dealt with bad ankles. Sometimes I look back at my years from 12 to 17 and feel like I spent most of it on crutches and in casts. Last time mom and I figured it up I have had around 15 casts. Now that I am older I really felt like that period of my life was over. However, God had different ideas. I am fairly certan that He is wanting to show me His glory and His power through this. 
     About a week and a half ago I was walking outside and took a tumble. We were getting to go to a camp fire for the evening when it happened. I felt really horrid but I go up and walked to the van...um...I guess I kinda jumped...limped...hopped...tried not to cry to the van...When I got in everyone wanted to know if I was ok because they had seen what happened...I said I was fine...but...I think... maybe... I told a bit of a lie...I was in lots of pain. When we got home from our evening Cindy, Shane, Gale, and Shirley laid hands on my foot and ankle and prayed for Gods healing touch! Praise the Lord...I am almost pain free... I did not have to do a cast or crutches...but...I had to buy these NASTY shoes...Here are the photos of my fashion train wreck :).

I ordered two pairs so I could get the ones that looked the best and fit the best. 


They are green and gray so that helps me like them better


The side


The Heal


They come way up my ankle so I can't twist out of them. 

Maybe God is trying to show me that I don't always have to be up on the latest fashion. However, to God be the glory!!! I know that He is healing me and He is going to direct my foot steps. Today in Proverbs we happened to read 3:23,"Then you will walk on your way securely, and your foot will not stumble." God is going to take care of me!!! Praise be to His name forever and ever!

No comments: