Thursday, November 17, 2011

Some Newsy News From Mama Lisa

     Its seems odd that life would go on in Thailand just the same as in America but its true. Just like at home we have laundry, cleaning, cooking, dippers to change, and children who need cared for. However, we are doing it on the other side of the world! :) While I say that life is a bit different. Here we have no alarm clocks and no appointments that need to be tended to. 

Sunday night we went with Martin's to their small group from IGo. In the Moo Baan (Neighborhood) there was a trampoline for the children. They had such fun!


On the right side of this mountain is one of the many temples. You can't really see it in the photo.


Water Tower


This is a rice field


Part of daily life is filtering water. The children do a great job helping out! 


Niki is learning a new game, and shane is playing something with Brandy


Subway has become a favorite lunch time activity. The children take turns being the workers. They ask us as we come through what we would like on our sandwich...since we only have meat and cheese we all say the same thing but its grand fun for them! 


The bread here is very yummy. It only cost about one dollar. 


They do a fantastic job building the sandwiches


This was a very exciting day. We were eating lunch when Aspen said, "My tooth just came out". She had been wiggling and wiggling this tooth for about a month hoping it would come out in Thailand. Hooray it came out!!! I think she still has about four loose teeth! :)



Playing in the street is a fun afternoon activity


Hunter and Andrew playing on the yellow motorbike


He knew what sounds to make


Pure Joy


This little boy is darling. He lives in the house next to us. His mama takes him out for a bike ride every afternoon. All the bikes here have little seats on the back of them for another person or the carry stuff home from town or whatever. Anyhow this little guy wanted to give Hunter a ride. 


I'm not sure Hunter thought it was much fun. He was looking a little worried! 

9 comments:

lisa said...

Well! I guess I should have thrown my little cyber-fit sooner! You ARE still alive halfway around the world!
Thanks for the pictures. I laughed at the subway story! Happy to build your sandwich ANY WAY you want. As long as you want meat and cheese!!

How is your ankle? What all are you doing? I mean, besides life? It looks warm. I am sitting here with cold toes and nose and it's supposed to be 24 degrees tonight. Brrrrrrrrrrrr. Enjoy the warmth! :)
Love you!!!
Mom

Sherri said...

So fun to read your blog, Bree! Keep it up :):) For all of us bored folks back in the ol' USA. And yes, tell us everything you see!
I'm so glad no one is sick. After Martins hard adjustment the last time they came here, I wondered what it would be like for all of you.

josie said...

OH! thank you for sharing! even if it feels so NORMAL to you we are waiting to hear anything! LOVE all the pics! BLESSINGS~ {give everyone a hug for us!}

Uncle Marvin said...

So good to hear from you Bree. Hope your ankle is better. Stay safe!!

Anonymous said...

Mama,

My ankle is really sore but God is able and totally giving me the strength for each day! I simply have to be careful not to over do it. I will try to post more about what we are up to this weekend. Its so hard to take time to get online. Especially because we don't have internet at our home.

Love Bree

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Bree! What a wonderful opportunity. Thank you for taking precious time to let all of us in the USA (and CStone)to view a little picture of your life from "afar". [I always kind of hold my breath, when I click on your site--"Has she posted anything this time?" =)] Anyway blessings in all you do as you are the hands and feet of Jesus! Karen

Traci said...

We are reading at our house and, may I say, so VERY envious?! Looks like such an adventure!

Take care of that ankle, honey, I have plans for it when you return. :) Get ready.

I love you and love reading!!

Traci & Crew

Baker Family said...

I love to see the pictures! Praying for you! What is IGO?

Please wear your shoes!! You will be much better off if you do!

We love you!

Anonymous said...

Traci...I know you do!! :)

Malinda I will have a whole post about IGo coming up! Thanks for caring about my health...I really need to get them out and wear them because I have been hurting!! Its just hot to wear them!

Bree