Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fever No More

     The last two days have been very unpleasant by my standards. I have spent them sleeping, tossing and turning, reading, and feeing down right horrid. Somewhere, somehow I picked up a bug. It all started out the afternoon of Thanksgiving.
     We had been cordially invited to attend the IGo Thanksgiving Super. Because I spend ALL morning updating my blog for my Mama dearest I did not eat lunch until 2ish. However, In no way am I blaming this illness on her. Anyhow after I got done eating lunch I noticed I did not feel very good. Deciding a nap was in order before the evening, and thinking it would help me feel better, I laid down my head.
     When I got up I was feeling any better. Many times when getting ready to be with a group of people I don’t know my stomach feels a bit odd. I thought perhaps this was all that was wrong. Against my better judgment I went to super. The whole time I started feeling worse and worse.
     Once I got home I went straight to bed. Only sleep was not on the agenda for the night. I’m sure at some point I slept, but I felt like most of the night was spend trying to get comfortable. It seemed like I had just fallen asleep when Cindy came and got me up. (We don’t have alarm clocks, so whenever everyone else is up they come and get me up). I told Cindy I had not slept well and asked if it was ok for me to sleep in a while longer. She was so sweet and said that was fine.
     When I finally got up I thought maybe I was better. I broke the fast and then sat outside reading with some of the children. When I started feeling dizzy and like I was going up-chuck I went inside and told Cindy I needed to go to bed. There was some laundry that needed to be hung outside so I did that first.
Of course this was all happening on the day Cindy had offered to keep Martin and Rachel’s Children. I felt so bad to be leaving her with not six but nine children, laundry, lunch to fix, and a dirty house. Cindy is such a sweetie and took it all fine.
     My whole day was basically spend sleeping until dear Marci came to check on me. Dinah had told her I was sick. She was headed to town and offered to bring me back some sprite and charcoal pills. Once I took them I felt much better. However, I was so cold. It seemed like I could do nothing to get warm. Wrapped up in my hoodie, pj pants, sheet, and fuzzy green blanket I’m sure I was quit the sight. Every time someone came in my room they told me I must have a fever because my room was hot and stuffy!
     Praise the Lord during the night my fever broke. I am still weak and tired but my belly is feeling so much better. I’m able to eat a little, and finally warm. The most disappointing thing is that today we were all supposed to go to the elephant show. When the children get back I am sure they will be willing to tell me all about it!
     Please pray that God will continue to heal me and that no one else will pick up what ever I had. It was not fun to be sick away from home! I am so thankful for Cindy and Marcie and the kind care they offered me!

3 comments:

lisa said...

{{{BREE}}} Bummer! Those charcoal pills are pretty cool, no? So sorry you missed out on a couple of days. Hopefully you won't all get sick. I wondered about the eating at the market, but of course, I didn't say a WORD! Praying for you today....I love you! I see I missed you online last night...grrrr. I will try to be on tonight at some point!

<3 Mom

Baker Family said...

Yuck. It's no fun to be sick.. I've been sick all weekend too, but mine has been sinus junk. Hope you have a good week!

Story and Logic Media Group said...

Sorry to find you are not feeling well, sweetie.

And I am sorry it took me so long to find your blog. I have a lot of chaching up do do.

Love all the pictures!!

~~Grandma Sharon